NH-Architects was founded in 2011 by Nizar Haddad, holder of a specialized graduate degree in architecture from the Academie Libanaise des Beaux Arts (ALBA).
The son of Georges Haddad, a veteran Lebanese architect renowned for being among the pioneers who introduced modern architecture to Lebanon; he hopes to use the knowledge passed down to him in a bid to bridge the divide between modern man and nature in terms of his designs.
Although his father's legacy serves as a pedestal with years of inherited experience, Nizar's evolving vision of architecture and his passion for nature are what have fashioned the guidelines adopted by NH-Architectes thus far.
- Optimal exploitation of sustainable material available on site and scavenged
- Optimal increase of a structure's efficient energy use via bio-climatic design
- Total integration of a structure into its urban environment
- The intent to craft a unique "atmosphere" for each project, all the while taking into account the socio-cultural context
* Ref. "Atmosphère" by Peter Zumthor